Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) is a disease in which the body is unable to produce normal amounts of testosterone due to a problem with the testicles or with the pituitary gland that controls the testicles. Testosterone replacement therapy can improve the signs and symptoms of low testosterone in these men. Millions of men use testosterone replacement therapy to restore low levels and feel more alert, energetic, mentally sharp, and sexually functional.
What are the symptoms of Low Testosterone?
- Fatigue or decreased energy
- Depressed mood
- Loss of body hair
- Reduced sex drive
- A increase of body fat
- Decreased muscle mass
- Sexual dysfunction (weak or fewer erections)
- Hot flashes/sweats
Do you have the sign and symptoms of low testosterone? If you experience one or more of these symptoms, it may be a sign of low testosterone.
Who can be affected?
The Endocrine Society has identified several conditions commonly associated with low testosterone. Millions of men are estimated to have low testosterone.
- End Stage kidney disease
- Moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a lung disease
- Type 2 diabetes
Why does this happen?
- Low testosterone is a condition that occurs when testosterone levels fall below the normal range.
- There is a normal range for male testosterone levels. In healthy men, testosterone levels (also known as “T levels”) from 300ng/dL to 1000ng/dL are considered normal
- Testosterone can fall below normal levels when a signaling problem between the brain and the testes causes a drop in the amount of testosterone that is being produced. Another reason for low testosterone levels is that your body simply can’t produce enough testosterone due to failure of the testes themselves.
Take the quiz below to see if you may be suffering with Low T.
Note: If you answered “Yes” to question 1 or 7, or any 3 other questions give us a call. You could have Low T and may be a candidate for Testosterone Replacement Therapy at Infinity Medical Services.